Sunday, May 4, 2008

Columbus Statehouse Exterior - April 26, 2008

I was afraid Blogger couldn't
handle all of the photos I have
from my visit of to the Capitol
so I have made two groups:
one for the exterior of the building
and one for the interior.
Below is a shot of the southwest
corner of the building.
Flanking this side is a fountain.


Dwarfed by the skyscrapers,
8 Broad isn't small at all actually.



The Lincoln Leveque Tower
stands in stark contrast
to the basic rectangular and
glass fascades of its neighbors.


Below is a Civil War Memorial.


Spring has sprung in Central OH!


Bob strikes a pose.



If Superman lived in Columbus,
this would be his Daily Planet.

An Episcopal church adds
ambiance and sound to
the corner of Broad and Third.


A buckeye?


A war memorial shares letters
from home and abroad.

This is the cornerstone for
this part of the building.


It's a law office.


This lilac is in full bloom.


The Ohio is where I saw
Wicked last summer.

This is Huntington Bank.
My doctor has an office in
the basement of this building.

This is the Columbus
office of Fifth Third Bank,
the place I use for my
personal banking.
I know this building houses
the Riffe Center, but I'm
not sure if the skyscraper
has the same name.

This is a shot of the Capitol from
High Street facing eastward.

Ohio has had the largest number
of U.S. presidents come from here.
Below is a statue of William McKinley.
These statues flank President
McKinley's.


A lone boat makes its way
along the Scioto River.



No comments: