Sunday, October 12, 2008

Surprise Visit - September 26-30, 2008

-----
I decided to make a trip home at the
end of September. There was some
cleaning that needed to be done before
Christmas, and this seemed like as
good a time as any other.
-----
After working really hard on Saturday,
the girls and I determined a trip to the
Memphis Zoo on Sunday would be a
great way to have some quality time.
-----
-----
We like to sing when we travel. I throw
in a Broadway CD, and the girls and I
sing full throttle until we get to our
destination. While driving, I snapped this
shot of Beth settling into her comfort zone.
-----
-----
Does anyone know at what age a kid
stops making silly faces when the
camera comes out?
Oh wait, what am I thinking?!?
Caryn's mother at age 36 is STILL
making faces.
There's no hope...
-----
-----
We decided to ask Emily to join
us since she lives in Memphis and
since the girls think she's sweeter
than homemade ice cream.
-----
The remainder of the shots below
are animals and flowers. Enjoy...
-----




-----
Just have to say that this is my
"girlfriend." Caryn dubbed the
ostrich my special someone when
she was much smaller, and even
on this trip, we seem to still be
"in love."
-----








-----

No comments: