Sunday, April 22, 2007

My Neighborhood: Schiller (Part 3 of 4)

After crossing High, I set out
on my next leg of the afternoon
sojourn. My goal: Schiller Park...
-------------------
Below is an example of the
architecture in and around
German Village.
I've probably mentioned this
in earlier posts, but almost all
of German Village and the
Brewery District have brick
streets. I wonder how many
million bricks this little
area of the world boasts?



Imagine my joy when I discovered
my favorite ornamental tree in
abundance here. Most of the
dogwoods in TN and MS
blossomed in early March.
As you can see, the ones in OH
still are between bud and
bloom stages...



I thought I wouldn't forget the
name of this building, but...


Ah-ha! Schiller Park!
Below was my first view of
the lovely park. I was on its
southern border looking
toward Downtown.


---------------------

You can see the back of
the amphitheatre in the distance.


A fishing pond...being well utilized...



See the ducks?

Here is the park's namesake.
I suppose he was the first
German in the area...
A playground for the children...


My only regret of this set of shots
is that I didn't take enough
photos of the gorgeous,
well-maintained homes
surrounding the park.
----------------------
Other than a few rundown
abodes, all homes around
the park were incredibly
beautiful with unique
designs that made each
one fascinating to behold.

I hate that the "rain" wasn't
falling on this metal maiden...

This is the northern entrance
to the park. Looking north,
I can see the downtown
skyscrapers in the
distance...Steps from
the park but a century away...

No comments: