Wednesday, January 2, 2008

The Big--and Wonderful--4-0!

I started celebrating my 40th

birthday on Birthday Eve.

(Most people use the term

"New Year's Day," but

I can't help their inability

to recognize the more

important designation.)

My friends Sandi Smith
and Greg Blausey--

the Narrator and Pharoah

from Joseph--invited me to

Greg's home for a little

Northern meets Southern

cooking...







In the shot above, you can see

the pork with apple and onion

stuffing, the cornbread, and

the blackeyed peas with hog jowl.

What you can't see are the collard

greens and the sauerkraut.

(Pork and sauerkraut bring

my Northern friends good luck

while the blackeyed peas and

hog jowl bring this Southern

boy fortune in the new year.)






Above are Max Moore
and Sandi with

Greg in the background.


Below are Jim Keller and Max.


Jim looks on as Greg

continues to prepare

the final steps of the meal.




The four on my cake is

representive of DECADES!

I even had four new Ohio

friends to help me celebrate.

(I love you, guys!)





It had been snowing all evening,

but I wasn't expecting this

much snow when I stepped

outside to go home!

Whoopie! A snowy birthday!!!




Today Brent and Amy Yekisa

took me to the Old Mohawk

in German Village for lunch.

Amy is expecting their first

child--a DAUGHTER--in May.




We all opted for the Mother

Mohawk, which is a roast beef

and chicken salad sandwich on

rye with horseradish dressing.

YUM!!!



Tonight Bob Dudics took me

to the Columbus Fish Market

for supper. I'd been wanting

to go there since I moved here.








Bob had a seafood feast...




and I had the crusted salmon.

DELICIOUS!!!


Bob insisted I order dessert.

I wasn't hungry, but when the

waitress said it was

complimentary for my

birthday, I chose the

seven-layer carrot cake.

These photos do not

do it justice. Oh, my gosh!




Emily, I promise to take you

here for the cake when you

make your next trip...

All in all, a great way to

start the second half of my life!

3 comments:

Peterson Toscano said...

You feasting, feted, forty year old fool! Looks like a BLAST--even with all the animal products consumed in celebration of your birth. Enjoy this new year (your 41st). I am so glad you have found a home in Columbus.

BobnCMH said...

Yeah, this is a great time of year NOT to be in your company. You'll be welcome to CMH again this spring when I'm dieting to look good in my summer frollicking suit...

Joe G. said...

Happy birthday, Bob. I remember my 40th, which was about 20 years ago. Don't I look good given my age?

Eat your heart out - ignore that Peterson. He's like the toy monkey called Monk - a "tart".