Sunday, July 12, 2009

NE OH Spring Waterfall Tour - May 9, 2009 - Stop 4

-----
This is a multi-part blog entry that
documents my trip to the Cleveland
area in early May, 2009.
-----
This waterfall was not on my
list of must-sees when I started
my trip, but I was so near after
visiting Great Falls that I
couldn't help but make a stop!
-----
This little creek claims two
homes: the Greater Cuyahoga
Valley National Park and
Cleveland Metro parks.
-----
-----
Although it was busier
than the first time I visited
in the fall of 2007,
I have to admit that that
spring beauty was
wonderful!
-----
-----
It's been a long time since
dogwoods were blooming
in the South, but up here--
this close to the Snow Belt--
it's still blossom time!
-----
-----
Be certain to click on the photos
for a clearer and closer view
of the environment.
-----
-----
I'm nearing Bridal Veil Falls.
-----

-----
Just over that hill...

------
-----
The cascades begin the first
part of Bridal Veil Falls.
-----
-----
And...Voila!
-----
-----
Having made its gentle dance
down the wet hill,
the stream winds its way
toward the Cuyahoga River.
-----
-----
It's starting to get cloudy.

Looks like rain...I think I'll head
to the hotel in Mentor, OH.
-----
-----
Awww...another dogwood...
-----
-----
Gotta love 'em!
-----
-----
Time to leave the serenity of this
setting for the chaos of the
interstate...Serenity begins
anew tomorrow morning...
-----

No comments: