Sunday, July 12, 2009

NE OH Spring Waterfall Tour - May 10, 2009 - Stops 5- 7

-----

This is a multi-part blog entry that


documents my trip to the Cleveland


area in early May, 2009.

-----


I spent the night at a cheap and


somewhat scary hotel in Mentor, OH,


before starting the second leg of


my waterfall tour.


-----


-----


I determined that I could not get this


close to Lake Erie (about 5 miles away)


without seeing the Great Lake.


-----


-----


So as this COLD (38-degree) morning


began, I drove due north to


Overlook Beach Park.


-----


-----


I can't say that I was highly impressed.


It looked like a lake.


What was I thinking it would look like?


----




-----


Well, the next spot on my list of


destinations did not disappoint!


I wanted to see Paine Falls in


Painesville, OH.


-----


-----


There's not much to the park,


but the scenery was dynamite!


-----


-----


I crossed the bridge in the background


to get to the park and to leave it.


-----


-----


It was still windy and cold. I had


not planned well: I was wearing a


tee-shirt and shorts!


But the beauty of the falls


warmed my heart. Awww...


-----


-----


The next spot on my tour was difficult


to discover. I almost gave up,


but I'm glad I didn't.


-----




-----


On the Internet, it was called


Cascade Falls. What I didn't


realize was that the falls were a


series of cascades along a road


known as Cascade Road.


-----


-----


If you live near enough to drive the short


route, it's definitely worth it during


the spring rain season.


-----


-----


I took all of these photos from my car.


-----


-----


You can find the drive by taking either


Exit 200 or Exit 205 from I-90


and traveling south.


-----


-----


The drive was so quite and peaceful.


-----


-----


Two creeks--the Big and the East--


make their trip along this valley.
-----


-----

The creeks flow into the Grand River

before it empties into Lake Erie.

-----


-----

Perhaps the following photos

display the waterfalls

I discovered comments about

on the Internet.

-----


-----

Simply beautiful...

-----

-----

No comments: