Sunday, August 26, 2007

Columbus Zoo 2

NOTE: This is a continuation of my
visit to the Columbus Zoo on August 18.
------------------------------------------------------
I had taken a photo of a brilliantly blue
frog earlier, but the shot came out poorly.
This yellow one looks pretty good...

Another snake...or two...


Not the largest snake at the zoo,

but definitely the second largest...


I enjoy taking photos through water.

It has a split screen effect...


This is a famous albino alligator.



More snakes...Gotta respect 'em!


Is it one or two?



What colors!


I think this is a barn snake.
In Mississippi, he would have been
called a dead snake
although I think he's nonpoisonous.

A lizard of some sort...


Can't fail to spot this one!


Deadly!!!


Thus ends the reptile/amphibian exhibit...
----------------------------------------------------
The sign is self-explanatory.

Aren't they adorable!





This tortoise is enormous!!!


An open-air aviary...

As always, I have no clue about birds.


This guy is so fashionable right now.
He would be like a chameleon
at Pier One!
I can hear this bird's thoughts:
"Woo-wee! Those are some
weird looking humans
inside that cage!"

On a tree limb in summer,
she would be impossible to find.
she would be impossible to find.


More of the metrosexual birds...


This photo lends itself to another caption:
"Umm...I dunno."



Okay, he wins the prize for best hairdo!


Cute monkeys!


One of few shots of the landscaping...
I was not impressed with the flowers
at the zoo. The vegetation as a whole
was nice, but Memphis Zoo
definitely has better overall landscaping.

Sleeping cat...Shhh....


No comments: