Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Mississippi Girls in OH

I hosted my family this

past weekend in Ohio.


But to start this blog,

we'll go back a couple

of days to Mississippi.


Caryn turned 11 on August 1,

and got some nice gifts.




Bethie also gets gifts...always has...



So...they make out like

bandits twice a year!!!

----------------------------------------------

I made a photo of the ladies


on Friday as the pulled into


the Grove City Microtel...


Caryn thought I was just a fellow


tourist snapping their photo! HA



Inside the car after a LONG trip above...


and inside the lobby below...



Beth poses in her hotel room.



Susan, my sister, in the position

she knows best...however, her eyes

are open. Go figure!


My gifts to Caryn...

a Wicked CD and

a Wicked songbook.


And Beth's gift...Dog Train!


It's amazing how much


slimmer I look when I suck


in my gut and throw my


shoulders WAY back!


And, of course, no trip to any


city is complete without a


trip to Wal-Mart...or two...


or three...



At the end of a long day...





On Saturday, we took a trip


downtown after seeing my


apartment for the first time.


(Well, I'd seen my apartment


before, but my family had not.)



The Ohio Supreme Court Building


The fountain outside the

Supreme Court...




Looking across the Scioto


River toward COSI...





Bridge over the Scioto...





Heading east again...




The State Capitol



Fountain of Christopher Columbus


Civil War greats...



President McKinley...I think...



We arrived too early for a tour...

Saturday night was our
trip to see the Clippers play

Dayton at Cooper Stadium.


We had great seats!








Let me introduce my crew:

from left to right,

Aunt Louise (who

turned 80 on August 9),

Mama (Jo Ann),

Caryn, Beth, and

Susan.


The players warming up...






Our first glimpse of LouSeal!




And this is Krash!




After getting bored, the

girls and I spent some

time in the souvenir shop

and then played a while.




What we missed during

our outing was the

chicks peeing on the

umpire! The

ump was my favorite

spectacle. He not only

called the game, but

was in many of the

stunts with the

mascots, too.


This is a closeup of

LouSeal after he kissed

Beth's hand.



Because of rain on Sunday,

we opted to go to COSI.







We stepped back in time

at the history exhibit.




Gears and Gadgets...



My favorite exhibit...Under the Sea!


The girls take a trip to outer space!

On Monday, we took a trip to Easton
after meeting my friends at the
Foundation. Once we purchased
a few things at Justice,
we headed to the fountain to
cool off!


My secretary Kay and another
co-worker Lynn gave the girls a
gift bag. Inside was a TON of
presents, including these
Ohio State pompom ponytail
holders. This photo's for you
two, Kay and Lynn!!!


No comments: