Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Columbus Children's Hospital Foundation

I experienced my first big snow since I arrived. Starting yesterday about noon, it snowed and snowed and snowed. It took two hours for me to get home from work yesterday. I waited 25 minutes for one of our hospital shuttles to arrive. (They're supposed to be on a 10-minute rotation.) With nothing on my head, I was completely white-haired by the time the shuttle finally arrived. Then these people who had arrived moments before the shuttle did started filing onto the shuttle ahead of me. I was not happy. Anyway, this morning I decided to leave for work about 6:00 to make sure I arrived on time.
This was what I saw when I got to Bob's apartment complex parking lot...
The snow looked fake.
It was SO BEAUTIFUL!
The only way I can describe the snow
was like shattered glass or
billions of diamonds on mounds of cotton.


Have you seen that plastic snow
some people use at Christmas
to decorate with? Same appearance...





On to work...
This is my new boss Kevin.
He turned 40 on January 5th.


This is the receptionist's desk.

And this is our reception area...


This is one of three hallways
in our building.
All of our secretaries and VPs
live here eight hours a day--
secretaries on once side of the aisle,
VPs on the other.


This is where my secretary sits.
Her name is Kay.

This is one of the coolest parts of the office.
It is here we can get
Coke, Diet Coke, Mountain Dew,
coffee, tea, hot chocolate,
and cafe mocha--all free of charge!

And this is my humble abode...



I made a shot of myself to include here,
but it was much too scary for publication...













No comments: