Thursday, February 15, 2007

Stuck!

Well, the bad news is that it's 0 degrees here this morning; the good new news is that there's no wind so it also feels like 0.

The worse news is that I'm all dressed up with someplace to go and no way to get there. My car's tires are spinning feverishly but not budging.

I'm torn. Should I call a taxi and spend $50 to $75 to try to get to work and back since I'm a new employee and don't want to risk being absent this early in the game or do I just wait to see if something miraculous happens and the tires start moving through the ice although it's 32 degrees below freezing.

No chains, no snow tires, no clue...

2 comments:

Marsha said...

Sucks to live above the Mason-Dixon line doesn't it....[wink]

BobnCMH said...

Today the answer is yes.

Next summer when the humidity is low and the temperatures are moderate, I may have a slightly different opinion of my locale.