Tuesday, April 28, 2009

April 18, 2009 - Stop 1: Charleston Falls 1

-----
This morning I headed out with
six destinations near Dayton, OH,
on my itenerary.
(I would only cover four spots,
but it was a wonderful day
regardless of my lack of
goal completion.)
-----
-----
I found Charleston Falls on the Web.
It seemed like a great spot--even
though the site did not show on a
standard map. I would later learn
that I was to fall in love with this place.
-----
-----
I was overwhelmingly impressed
with Miami County's care of this
natural place. The placards,
the trails, the lack of trash--
everything made this experience
unforgetable.
-----

-----
Ah...


Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,

And sorry I could not travel both

And be one traveler, long I stood

And looked down one as far as I could

To where it bent in the undergrowth;


Then took the other, as just as fair,

And having perhaps the better claim

Because it was grassy and wanted wear;

Though as for that, the passing there

Had worn them really about the same,


And both that morning equally lay

In leaves no step had trodden black.

Oh, I marked the first for another day!

Yet knowing how way leads on to way

I doubted if I should ever come back.


I shall be telling this with a sigh

Somewhere ages and ages hence:

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.


--by Robert Frost


Actually, I took the right fork
this time, and the left fork later
in the day... :)
-----




-----
WOW!
-----


-----
DOUBLE WOW!
-----
-----
Okay...my heart has been stolen!
-----

-----
A natural spring feeds the pool
on its right side near the trail.
-----
-----
It's not a lot of water,
but what water there is
uses itself well!
-----





-----
Another spring! This one
feeds the pool from the left side.
-----
-----
I love the cedar growing
between the falls.
-----
-----
What a beautiful place!
-----
-----
I hope to return here someday.
-----
-----
During the entire time I made
these photos, there were no
other humans around.
Just me, God and the falls...
-----

No comments: