Sunday, April 26, 2009

April 18, 2009 - Stop 1: Charleston Falls 3

-----
Back to the fork in the road...
This time I'm going left.
-----
-----
A pond surrounded by cedars that
sounds like it's belching!
-----
-----
I could not be here at night!
The frogs are so loud that
it sounds like a horror flick!
-----
Do you see the birds?
-----
-----
I thought they were blackbirds, but
they have this incredible crimson wings.
-----
(After a little research, I've found
that these are called
red-winged blackbirds. Duh...
-----
-----
The sign loses some effect when the
water is congested with algae.
-----

-----
Another of the blacks birds...
-----
-----
This is the far end of Charleston Creek
within the park.
-----
-----
This photo is looking back in the
direction of the waterfalls.
-----
-----
The trail follows the creek back
to the double falls.
-----



-----
I have no clue what this
wildflower is, but I thought
it was stunning!
-----
-----
I'm always intrigued with
a shagbark hickory's "skin."
-----
-----
One final look at the most
spectacular spot of this day...
and one of the best places
I've ever visited...
-----
-----
If you get the chance to go to this
natural area, don't miss it!
-----

No comments: