Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Spring Tulips

-----
On my way between Greenville
Falls and Cedar Bog, I made
a stop at Wal-Mart in Piqua.
I was drawn, as I always am,
toward the garden center.
There I found a pot of yellow
tulips for $7.00 and decided
to give it to myself as a
Christmas present.
-----
-----
You see, my cousin had given
me a $25 gift card to Wal-Mart
at Christmas that I had not
yet used. This seemed like
a worthy purchase.
-----
-----
As you can see from the two
shots above, the tulips were
mere buds when I purchased them.
-----
-----
Five days later I came home for
lunch and was shocked to see
the blooms with their arms
spread wide to the sun.
-----
-----
The black symmetrical smudges
at the center of each bloom just
made each flower that much more
attractive.
-----
-----
But when I came home that same
evening, the blooms had
fallen asleep!
-----
-----
I suppose I should have known
that tulips did this, but I did not.
-----
-----
The tulips are a thing of the past
now, but these photos provide
some great images of what once was...
-----

No comments: