Sunday, April 5, 2009

Today's Little Trip

-----
A couple of weeks ago I visited
Columbus's Hayden Falls.
While researching the waterfall
for my blog, I came across yet
another area waterfall that I
had not visited: Dublin Falls.
(The Embassy Suites in the
background sits at the corner
of I-270 and Hwy 161/33.
-----
-----
Okay, so the name of the falls is
not Dublin, but I'm not sure even
people in Dublin know what to
call them. If you check out the
street sign where I turned to find
the park, it looks like the city's
moniker for their waterfalls is
Shawan Falls. Wouldn't you agree?
-----
-----
But at the actual parking lot,
this is the placard I discovered.
-----
The little stream that brings
water for the falls runs between
Dublin Post Office and a
Dublin school; hence,
I'll call the the natural
phenomenon Dublin Falls.
-----

-----
Dublin Middle School sits on the
eastern banks of this stream.
I have to admit, with all the
graffiti and trash in this
ecosystem, I was quick to blame
adolescents. I hope I'm wrong.
-----
-----
There are only a few photos
where I couldn't edit out the
manmade litter.
-----




-----
With the next two photos, I
was not so fortunate to camouflage
the debris. Sad, isn't it?
-----



-----
Back to making things pretty...
-----






-----
The next few shots made the
trip worthwhile. Even though
I was sad about the pollution,
the mallard in this shot
reminded me that things
don't have to be pristine
for him to survive...and have fun!
-----
-----
Sitting on the ledge at the
highest plunge in the park,
Mr. Mallard seems to be
boasting his superiority to
the hundreds of gallons of
water passing through his
webbed feet per second.
-----
-----
On my way back to the car,
I heard a twig snap. I stopped
abruptly and spied this little
critter. Can Easter be far away?!?
-----
-----
It is my hope that the city of Dublin
will find some way to clean up
this gorgeous dump site I've
dubbed Dublin Falls...
------

No comments: