Saturday, May 2, 2009

Inniswood: Part 3

-----
This is the third post of a
three-part blog entry from
Inniswood Metro Garden
here in Columbus, OH.
-----
These photos from Inniswood
are dedicated to my Aunt
Jimmie Sasser, Daddy's sister.
Reminding me of Aunt Jimmie's
personality, I call this next photo
of a wildflower "Sassy!"
-----
-----
Beginning with this blog,
I have wandered into the
woods off the main campus
of Inniswood.
-----
-----
I'll let your imagination determine
what this odd shape is in the trunk
of this tree. For me, it's a heart.
-----
-----
If you have been keeping up with my
posts, you'll remember how diligently
I searched for my first trillium.
This area below is COVERED in
the wildflower.
-----
-----
Time for another out-of-sequence
but well placed quote from the grotto...
-----
-----
I suppose this area can be wet
part of the year.
-----
-----
A new trillium species! I'm not sure
if they're bloomed out or not.
-----
-----
May apples...hmmm...a week
too early for their spring blooms.
-----
-----
I liked how the gardeners at
Inniswood were careful even
to mark these seemingly
inconsequential wildflowers.
-----
-----
A closer shot of the burgundy
petaled trillium...
-----
-----
This was the only wet spot on the trail.
-----
-----
I wonder what bloodroot is known for.
-----
-----
COOL! A jack-in-the-pulpit!
-----
-----
FINALLY! The burgundy
trillium is identified!
-----
-----
Back to the main grounds....
-----
-----
I'm sure this structure is even more
lovely when the roses inside bloom
in June...
-----

-----
I thought this tulip looked lovely
set against the dusty miller.
-----
-----
It seemed the farther away from these
tulips I was, the prettier they were.
-----


-----
This is a shed used to dry herbs
and flowers like hydrangea.
-----
-----
As we all know, this is my favorite
smell in all of "flowerdom"!
The scent of viburnum, coupled
with that of a lilac, was luscious.
-----
-----
These photos reflect parts
of the original main garden.
-----

-----
I had hoped that this photo of white
daffodils turned out better.
The wind was blowing so strongly
that swaying plants were hard
to capture in all their glory.
-----

-----
This must be where the family
once lived who donated this area.
-----

-----
Anyone know what this is?
If not, like my daddy, I'll just
make something up.
I'll call it an aster. HA!
-----
-----
I wonder if the trains ever run
these tracks...
-----
-----
So many lovely spots to sit
in this area of the park...
-----


-----
I thought this was an unusual
combination of colors:
pink and canteloupe orange.
-----


-----
Can you spot the differences
between the orange tulips
above and below this caption?
-----

-----
I almost missed this flower near
the home. I think it was called lupine.
-----
-----
One final quote from the grotto...
-----
-----

No comments: