Sunday, May 3, 2009

Inniswood: Part 2

-----
As I mentioned in Part 1,
the photo gallery from this trip
to Inniswood Metro Gardens in
Columbus, OH, is dedicated to
Daddy's sister Jimmie Sasser.
-----
-----
This is the actual point in the walk
that I first spotted "the grotto."
(I have placed their beautiful quotes
throughout these three posts.)
-----
-----
Everything is geared toward
children here in the Sisters' Garden.
-----

-----
A nice redbud behind the Grotto...
-----
-----
This creek is a slow-moving body
of water that traverses the park.
It's not accessible from the trails.
-----
-----
This pond was loud with activity...
so long as children and adults
remained quiet.
-----
-----
I thought this arbor with the
wavy wall was cool.
-----
-----
So many places to be reflective...
so few people doing so...
-----
-----
The lower end of the pond...
-----
-----
I wonder if I can spot some of the
ponds' inhabitants...
-----
-----
The frogs' croaking reminds me of
one of the sayings from the Grotto...
-----



-----
I'm not sure if this specimen is
still alive or not...
-----
-----
Once I started trying to get a
close-up of the daffodils
a couple dropped by and
asked if they could sit here.
(They were nice enough to
consider if it would impede
my photo-taking.)
I told them it would not bother
me, but they might get
slapped by the branches
of the tree given the
gustiness of wind.
No sooner had they sat
down than a limb whacked
the female full in the face!
They moved...
-----
-----
All of these close-range shots
were very difficult today because
of the whipping winds.
-----
-----
Wow...the stream actually
gained some character here.
-----
-----
What's this I spy?
-----

-----
Although the water in this pathway
fall was recirculating, it danced
merrily in the bright sunlight.
-----
-----
Another Grotto remark is due.
-----

-----
The garden itself had some
nice specimens.
-----
-----
I suppose this is the first time in my
life that I realized God invented plaid!
-----



-----
I had hoped the camera could
capture the subtle differences
between the light pink and the
light purple; however, there
seems to be very little difference
in this shot. Can you see
the difference? You may need
to click on the photo for a
larger view...
-----
-----
These flowers (lily of the valley [?])
hung their heads bashfully.
I was so happy this evergreen limb
helped to naturally prop them up
for a close-up shot.
-----
-----
Here's a shot of them as they
lounge in their natural state.
-----
-----
There's a path ahead that seems
to leave the formal gardens...
-----

No comments: