Monday, May 4, 2009

Sharon Woods Metro Park (April 25, 2009)

-----
Often, as in life, it's difficult
to find beauty everywhere.
Such was the case at Sharon
Woods Metropark here in Columbus.
(I dropped by here on my way
home from Inniswood.)
-----
-----
Sure, it's okay for a city park,
but there was nothing spectacular
or extraordinary about it.
-----
-----
These geese seem to be
enjoying Schrock Lake.
-----
-----
I love waterfalls and flowers.
Is this an apple tree?
-----
-----
Wow! A pretty good stand of
jacks-in-the-pulpit...
-----
-----
This lone flowering tree
was a nice foil to the leafless
and evergreen trees.
-----
-----
Some of the trees in this
park are over 250 years old.
I wonder if this is one of them.
-----
-----
Another nice splash of color
in an otherwise bland palette.
-----

-----
When color is infrequent,
the times you see it become
breathtaking...
-----
-----
This is Spring Creek.
-----

-----
Below are some examples
of the Ohio Buckeye,
our state tree.
(The buckeye is in the
horsechesnut family.)
-----

-----
The blooms are not yet at their peak.
-----
-----
Another very old tree...I suppose.
-----
-----
I hope to find more beauty
on my hiking trip Monday...
-----

No comments: