Thursday, May 21, 2009

NE OH Spring Waterfall Tour - May 10, 2009 - Stop 8c

-----
This is a multi-part blog entry that
documents my trip to the Cleveland
area in early May, 2009.
-----
Still in the rhododendron garden
of Holden Arboretum,
this little body of water is
called Oak Pond.
-----
-----
I spy another goose family.
-----
-----
See the goslings?
-----




-----
This plant in the foreground is
called piersis.
-----



-----
This tree fell in 2007.
The aboretum had a gentleman
make it into a work of art.
-----














-----
This is my favorite color.
-----
-----
I think of peaches when I see
the blossoms.
-----





-----
This is Hour-Glass Pond.
-----

-----
I've come back upon the goose clan.
-----


-----
Although many of the
rhododendrons were blooming
(as you can see!),
this entire hillside is full
of rhododendron bushes.
I wonder what it looks
like in full bloom!
-----
-----
Gotta come back here, too!
I only covered three miles of
the arboretum's more than
16 miles of trails!
-----

No comments: