Thursday, May 21, 2009

NE OH Spring Waterfall Tour - May 10, 2009 - Stops 9 and 10

-----
This is a multi-part blog entry that
documents my trip to the Cleveland
area in early May, 2009.
-----
The eighth waterfall in this
two-day trip was Cataract Falls.
-----
-----
Like the falls in Columbus,
this inner-city fall in Cleveland
shows signs of abuse.
As always, I have attempted
to celebrate nature and
not man's selfishness.
-----
Near the railroad tracks that were
above the falls were these signs.
-----
------
This was such a large fall that I
failed to capture its full magni-
ficence this near to its rush.
-----
-----
A little farther away,
the waterfall is breathtaking!
-----

-----
I thought this must be some
New Age saying or Native
American quote, but I
was wrong: the inscription
comes from Revelation 7:3.
(It was part of an outdoor
learning center.
-----

-----
Another view...
-----

-----
This is the same view,
but I used my zoom feature
on the camera.
-----

-----
Atypical of me (and probably
because I was tired),
I failed to capture the signage
for this next waterfall,
which is located near
Cleveland International
Airport at Rocky
River Reservation.
-----

-----
The name of the waterfall,
my ninth and last of this trip,
is Berea Falls.
The shot below shows
the surge as the water flows
away from the falls.
-----

-----
As with Cataract Falls,
the railroad is a part of this
natural landscape nowadays.
-----

-----
The falls were not big, but
they were powerful.
(Actually, a young lady was sitting
on the ledge just to the left of
my shot so I could not capture
the whole waterfall.)
-----

-----
Even though it was time to go home,
I was intrigued by this
Rocky River
Reservation, (The Cleveland Metro-
parks are amazing.) so I started
following the river toward Lake Erie.
-----

-----
These high stone walls were
fantastic. I must return...
-----

-----
After traveling 12 miles out of my
way (ONE WAY!), I headed back
to my home in Columbus...
Nine waterfalls in two days...
not a bad weekend's play...
----

No comments: